It is highly recommended and suggested that you review the privacy policies and statements of any website you choose to use or frequent as a means to better understand the way in which other websites garner, make use of and share information collected.
"Personal Information" means information relating to a living individual who is or can be identified either from that information or from that information in conjunction with other information that is in, or is likely to come into, the possession of Hostel Point, Co.
"Aggregated Information" means information about all of our users or specific groups or categories of users that we combine together so that it no longer identifies or references an individual user.
This website collects various types of information, such as:
• Voluntarily provided information, which may include your name, address, email address, billing and/or credit card information etc., which may be used when you purchase products and/or services and to deliver the services you have requested.
• Information automatically collected when visiting our website, which may include cookies, third party tracking technologies and server logs.
Hostel Point, Co. collects the following types of information:
1. Information that you give us
We receive, store and process information that you make available to us when accessing or using our Platform and Services. Examples include when you:
· fill in any form on the Platform, such as when you register or update the details of your user account, or when you supply ID verification information;
· access or use the Platform, such as to search for hostels, make bookings, pay for bookings, book or pay for any associated services that may be available, post comments or reviews, or communicate with other users;
· link your account on a third party site (e.g. Facebook) to your Hostel Point account, in which case we will obtain the Personal Information that you have provided to the third party site, to the extent allowed by your settings with the third party site and authorized by you; and communicate with Hostel Point.
2. Mobile Data
When you use certain features of Hostel Point, in particular our mobile website, we may receive, store and process different types of information about your location, including general information (e.g., IP address, zip code) and more specific information (e.g., GPS-based functionality on mobile devices used to access the Platform or specific features of the platform). If you access Hostel Point services through a mobile device and you do not want your device to provide us with location-tracking information, you can disable the GPS or other location-tracking functions on your device, provided your device allows you to do this. See your device manufacturer's instructions for further details.
3. Log Data
We may also receive, store and process Log Data, which is information that is automatically recorded by our servers whenever you access or use the Platform, regardless of whether you are registered with Hostel Point or logged in to your Hostel Point account, such as your IP Address, the date and time you access or use the Platform, the hardware and software you are using, referring and exit pages and URLs, the number of clicks, pages viewed and the order of those pages, and the amount of time spent on particular pages.
4. Cookies and other Tracking Technologies
While you may disable the usage of cookies through your browser settings, we do not change our practices in response to a "Do Not Track" signal in the HTTP header from your browser or mobile application. We track your activities if you click on advertisements for Hostel Point services on third party platforms such as search engines and social networks, and may use analytics to track what you do in response to those advertisements.
Demographic data is also collected by Hostel Point. We use this data to tailor our visitors' experience, showing them content that we think they might be interested in, and displaying the content according to their preferences. Some of this information may be shared with advertisers on a non-personally identifiable basis.
5. Third-party social plugins
Our website may use social plugins which are provided and operated by third-party companies, such as Facebook's Like Button.
As a result of this, you may send to the third-party company the information that you are viewing on a certain part of our website. If you are not logged into your account with the third-party company, then the third party may not know your identity. If you are logged into your account with the third-party company, then the third party may be able to link information about your visit to our website to your account with them. Similarly, your interactions with the social plugin may be recorded by the third party.
Hostel Point, Co. may collect and may make use of personal information to assist in the operation of our website and to ensure delivery of the services you need and request. At times, we may find it necessary to use personally identifiable information as a means to keep you informed of other possible products and/or services that may be available to you from www.hostelpoint.co . Hostel Point, Co. may also be in contact with you with regards to completing surveys and/or research questionnaires related to your opinion of current or potential future services that may be offered.
Hostel Point, Co. may feel it necessary, from time to time, to make contact with you on behalf of other external business partners with regards to a potential new offer which may be of interest to you. If you consent or show interest in presented offers, then, at that time, specific identifiable information, such as name, email address and/or telephone number, may be shared with the third party.
Hostel Point, Co. may find it beneficial to share specific data with our trusted partners in an effort to conduct statistical analysis, provide you with email and/or postal mail, deliver support and/or arrange for deliveries to be made. Those third parties shall be strictly prohibited from making use of your personal information, other than to deliver those services which you requested, and as such they are thus required, in accordance with this agreement, to maintain the strictest of confidentiality with regards to all your information.
Hostel Point, Co. may deem it necessary to follow websites and/or pages that our users may frequent in an effort to gleam what types of services and/or products may be the most popular to customers or the general public.
Hostel Point, Co. may disclose your personal information, without prior notice to you, only if required to do so in accordance with applicable laws and/or in a good faith belief that such action is deemed necessary or is required in an effort to:
• Remain in conformance with any decrees, laws and/or statutes or in an effort to comply with any process which may be served upon Hostel Point, Co. and/or our website;
• Maintain, safeguard and/or preserve all the rights and/or property of Hostel Point, Co.; and
• Perform under demanding conditions in an effort to safeguard the personal safety of users of www.hostelpoint.co and/or the general public.
We also use, store, and process user information for the following general purposes:
1. to enable you to access and use our website
2. to operate, protect, improve and optimize our website, the Hostel Point business, and our users' experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research, personalize or otherwise customize your experience, and for advertising and marketing;
3. to help create and maintain a trusted and safer environment on our website and for our services, such as fraud detection and prevention, conducting investigations and risk assessments
4. to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
5. where we have your consent, to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information about Hostel Point or general promotions for partner campaigns and services.
6. to administer referral and/or ambassador programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by Hostel Point or our business partners; and
7. to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties.
IMPORTANT: When you use the Platform, your data may be sent to the United States and possibly other countries
We may transfer, store, use and process your information, including any Personal Information, to countries outside of the European Economic Area including the United States. Please note that laws vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, and so the privacy laws applicable to the places where your information is transferred to or stored, used or processed in, may be different from the privacy laws applicable to the place where you are resident.
Given the nature of the Internet, it is important for the user to understand that no method of transmission over the Internet, and no method of storing electronic information, can be 100% secure. Thus, Hostel Point cannot guarantee the absolute security of your transmissions to us and of your Personal Information that we store and/or transmit to other Third Parties.
Our website allows public participation in online discussion forums (“Hostel Boards”) in hostels. Other names that identify the Hostel Boards may include, but not be limited to, the following: "Lobby", "Chat", "Chat room", "Hostel", "Forum", "Conversation", "Connect with other travelers", "Connect with others", "Hostelmates", "Message".
If you join a Hostel Board, then your membership in the forum as well as some of your personal information (such as your profile picture, profile page and date of arrival and nights of stay) will be visible to users and the public who browse the Hostel Boards. If you participate in a Hostel Board, then your postings will also be visible to such users and the public as well. The ability to browse the Hostel Board will depend on the forum settings, and it may or may not be limited to members of that Hostel Board.
If you delete your account, the postings, comments and messages you submit through our services may stay available to the public and other users.
Hostel Point, Co. does not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen (13) without verifiable parental consent. If it is determined that such information has been inadvertently collected on anyone under the age of thirteen (13), we shall immediately take the necessary steps to ensure that such information is deleted from our system's database. Anyone under the age of thirteen (13) must seek and obtain parent or guardian permission to use this website.
All users and/or visitors to our website have the option to discontinue receiving communication from us and/or reserve the right to discontinue receiving communications by way of email or newsletters. To discontinue or unsubscribe to our website please send an email that you wish to unsubscribe to Info@hostelpoint.co. If you wish to unsubscribe or opt-out from any third party websites, you must go to that specific website to unsubscribe and/or opt-out.
Hostel Point, Co. shall endeavor and shall take every precaution to maintain adequate physical, procedural and technical security with respect to our offices and information storage facilities so as to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of the user's personal information under our control.
The company also uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) for authentication and private communications in an effort to build users' trust and confidence in the internet and website use by providing simple and secure access and communication of credit card and personal information.
Hostel Point, Co.
6 Liberty Square #2205
Boston, MA 02109